Tuesday, December 20, 2011

SPEAKING OF TRADITION

FISH HOUSE PUNCH
I don't knowwhy it is named so but I see this recipe and variations of it alot within my dads collection! 
This one is traditional and, like most traditions, it got that way because it is so good!
1 qt brandy
1qt peach brandy
1 pint rum (light)
2 -6oz cans frozen lemon juice
1-1 1/2 cups light corn syrup
2 qts plain sparkling water

Mix all ingredients except sparkling water well ahead of time and let them blen for about an hour.
taste with one cup of corn syrup and add 1/2cup more if you want it sweeter. Just before you guest arrive,pour mixture over block of ice in your punch bowl, Add sparkling water just before serving.
Yields: 24 1 cup servings

You must provide your friends with some kind of solid food to cut the effect of your liquid refreshments and keep them from biting their fingernails. Check out my post on hors d'oeurves, and stay tuned for my next post!

No comments: