adapted from S&W Coffee pamphlet:
1. Measure coffee and water accurately
2. For best results start with freshly drawn water.*
3. Serve coffee as soon as possible after brewing
4. For best reslults always brew coffee at full capacity of the coffee maker
5. Consistent timing is important
6. Never boil coffee
7. Never allow cloth filters to become dry. Keep immersed in cold water. Never use soap in washing cloth filters
8. Keep coffee maker immaculately clean.
10. Always scold coffee maker before using.
THE FOUR COFFEE BREWING METHODS:
For each serving put a cinnamon stick in a cup. Fill with hot coffee. Stir in 1 tbs whipped cream and float a pat of butter on top.
for each serving fill cup with hot coffee. Stir in 1 tsp ground cinnamon. top with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon and nutmeg.
make double strength coffee and chill.To 4 cups of coffee add 1 cup sifted confectioners sugar and 2 1/2 tsp vanilla. Stir. In a separate bow, add 1.3 tsp cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg to 1/2 cup whipping cream. Just before serving whip until stiff. Pour coffee into tall chilled glasses filled with coffee ice cubes. Top with the whipped cream.
YIELDS: 6 servings